Friday, October 26, 2012

Should Virgin Hair Have a Smell????


 Hi Ladies!!! It has been a while.  Today I was emailed this general question, so I have decided to address it for you all. First I do not think any hair should have any smell at all. It just is not natural. BUT.................
sometimes a smell on hair may not be avoidable. Think about this: Have you ever been to a club that people were allowed to smoke, and you come home and your hair smells like smoke? It has happened to me many times. 
What we have found is sometimes hair smells like the factory it was sourced in. 
I think the biggest think is knowing the difference between a chemical/cornchip smell, and just a factory smell. 
Sourcing hair is big business now, so it is done in factories. This sometimes causes a smell and I found this out once I visited our vendors property. The thing is, a long time ago, this would have been unheard of. Today, it is becoming more common I am seeing. I have seen some really amazing hair come delivered with a slight odor. Before, I would be alarmed, but again, I have now seen some amazing hair that I would have missed out on. 

I do have a tip: If your hair has any type of smell, you can wash your hair with a tea tree shampoo and remove the smell. Most likely it is not a chemical smell. After you wash, make sure you condition your hair as well, and a really good idea would be to invest in a light leave conditioner as well.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment