Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Virgin Hair Education: Sealing your wefts up for debate?

Hi Loves! I have a question. How do you feel about your wefts being pre-sealed by your vendor? I received an email from a customer who stated that her hair was no longer "virgin" because we sealed the wefts. Although this is not true, I never, in my 7 years of working for HollywoodWeaves.com , had heard anyone say that. It lead me to this post, because I am sure that this young woman could not be the only person who thought this. In my 7 years, we have processed over 300K orders, and it was the first time I had read that in an email, but hey, it just struck me.

Well, first ladies, sealing your wefts does not mean your hair is not virgin anymore. Virgin hair is stamped virgin, when it has not been "Chemically" altered for artificial curls or colors. Most beauty supply store hair is NOT virgin. Think about this, you purchase hair from the corner beauty supply store, you get some curly hair, those curls last weeks! lol, Well, that is not natural. Natural, virgin hair, will not hold curls weeks at a time without some maintenance. Natural curly virgin hair will act just like curly hair on your head. Sometimes it will be frizzy, sometimes beautiful and soft, but it takes work to keep it pretty.Virgin hair is free of any dyes. Most times, the hair is dark brown or light black. Depending on the origin, you may get a natural jet black. I see tons of Peruvian hair in natural jet black.

Well ladies what is your take? Did you think this as well? I'm interested in knowing your take.



No comments:

Post a Comment